The place that every tourist love to visit is Hong Kong. There are many attractions that you see first time in your life. So pack your bags and go on the trip of Hong Kong. In this article, you’ll see ten best places to visit in Hong Kong. Here are our best 5 picks:
Top Things To Do in Hong Kong
1. Yick Fat Building – Yick Fat Building is a public housing apartment building with a pop culture relevance. The building has long been a gem for photographers. It represents the typical life of Hong Kong residents.
2. Victoria Peak – Victoria Peak is the 552-meter hill overlooking Hong Kong. We recommend buying “Peak Tram Sky Pass” that includes The Peak Tram and “Sky Terrace 428” for only 77 HK$. The Peak Tram was Asia’s first funicular railway and it began operating in 1888. Once you get to the Peak we recommend seeing Sky Terrace which offers spectacular 360 panoramic views on Hong Kong. You can return from Victoria peak by double-decker bus to avoid the crowd waiting for the tram and to experience beautiful views towards the sea, islands and the city.
3. Hong Kong Park – Hong Kong Park is a public park an oasis in the middle of Hong Kong Central District, right under Victoria Peak. It provides a relaxing environment with its Tai Chi garden, aviary, artificial waterfall, a sports center, and many other surprises. It is hard to believe you are in a big city when you are in the park.
4. Wong Tai Sin Temple – Wong Tai Sin Temple is primarily a Taoist temple, but it also has Buddhist and Confucian worshipping halls. It is said that if you make a wish here, it might come true. There are many points to see there, for example, Main Altar, Good Wish Garden, the two-story fortune-telling arcade, and many other sights to discover.
5. Tian Tan Buddha – This 34-meter Tian Tan Buddha Statue, known as The Big Buddha, was built in ‘93 and is a major center of Buddhism in Hong Kong. Usually, Buddha statues face south, but this one faces north, supposedly to look over the Chinese people. There are 268 steps to reach the platform of this remarkable statue. There are also six smaller bronze statues knows as “The Offering of the Six Devas”. They are kneeling and offering Buddha the flowers, incense, lamp, ointment, fruit, and music. symbolizing the “Six Perfections” – which are: generosity, morality, patience, zeal, meditation, and wisdom. According to Buddhism, these are necessary to enter nirvana. Opposite to the Big Buddha is also Po Lin Monastery.